Jump to navigation Jump to search
We will aim to keep the last 12 months of changes in the published PDF.
4. Conventions of Combat
- Changed 4.6.4 to specify 2m boundary for spectators from tournament list field and 5m from war field. This is to accommodate the new rule allowing the waiving of lanyards on single-handed weapons in war combat.
- Updated 4.6.5 to include "throwing weapons".
6. Target Areas and Acknowledgement of Blows
- Corrected hyphenation of open-faced for consistency.
7. Armour Requirements
- Updated 7.9.1 to specify "Viscoelastic polymers and non-newtonian padding (i.e. Zoombang) are considered equivalent padding." As per most recent Society Marshals' handbook updates. This is due to the inability to inspect and ensure the effectiveness of Zoombang as equivalent body armour.
- Updated 7.11.1.b.iii to specify that "kendo, lacrosse and street hockey gloves are not equivalent, but may be used as padding." in line with recent Society Marshals' handbook updates.
8. Melee Weapon Standards
- Added ability to waive the need for lanyards in war, as per the recent Society Marshals' handbook update.
8.3 Fibreglass Spears
- Added 8.3.4 banning the use of 2” Mandrake™ thrusting tips on fibreglass spears as per the recent Society Marshals' handbook update. This is due to a design fault in the item that allows them to deform and potentially enter faceplates.
8.4 Thrusting Tips
- Added 184.108.40.206 repeating the ban of the use of 2” Mandrake™ thrusting tips on fibreglass spears as per the recent Society Marshals' handbook update, in this equally relevant area.
10. Missile Weapon Standards
- Corrected hyphenation of "sling-staffs" for consistency.
- Changed to "Approved rigid material" in line with the recent Society Marshals' handbook update.
- Added "Haft" definition.
- Added "Handle" definition.