Notes - The Use of Weapons and Shields
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Addition of instructions for heavy combatant archers - July 2021
- There were a number of years where Lochac did not have combat archers other than plumed participants, so the rules around dealing with weapon changes etc. for archers also using melee weapons were removed during that time.
- Pavises - 2008
- A Society rule update in 2008 included further instructions around the use of pavises.
- A pavise can be carried in a manner which does not require hand control (such as a shoulder strap). In this case, the fighter is not allowed to actively block with it, nor can they use their own weapon, and if struck by a hand weapon, the blow is counted as if the pavise was not there.
- Other rules about pavises were incorporated into the rules on the effects of missile weapons, and construction requirements for shields.