Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Youth fighters may only charge to gain ground. They may not intentionally run into their opponents.
- Thrown weapons may be used in a melee scenario provided that all marshals and combatants are informed of their use before the melee begins.
- Deliberately striking from behind without gaining engagement is forbidden.
- No more than four fighters shall attack a single opponent except in the case of engaged units.
- Unit engagement happens when two or more coherent units of opposing heavy combatants meet in combat.
- In unit engagement, all combatants who are part of each unit are considered to be engaged with all combatants who are part of of the other unit(s).
- In unit engagement, combatants who are part of a unit may strike at members of opposing units, who are to their front or side, without being considered to be “behind” or on their “blind side”.
- If a unit loses coherency, combatants from that unit are considered to have left the unit engagement and must be engaged as an individual, as per the “1 vs 1 engagement” rules below.
- In any circumstance other than that outlined in 7.2.3, striking an opponent from behind is cause for ejection from the field, and may be cause for further disciplinary action.
1 vs 1 engagement
- In tournament melee combat, a combatant shall engage their opponent by moving into the line of sight of the opponent they wish to engage and stating loudly “I am engaging you” or words to that effect.
- In war combat, a combatant shall engage their opponent by moving into range in clear sight of the opponent they wish to engage and adopting an attacking posture. If a combatant has reason to believe that their opponent may not have seen them approach, they should verbally engage them as per the procedure above.
- It is forbidden to strike at an opponent with whom you are not engaged.
- A combatant who turns their back on an opponent with whom they are engaged while remaining within weapons range is subject to being struck by that opponent until they leave weapons range.