Rule of the Lists and Conventions of Combat
- Rules of the Lists and Conventions of Combat as listed in the "Armoured Combat Handbook" apply to Youth Combat unless superseded by a rule in this document. Conventions may be modified for a specific tournament with the full explanation of the changes given to all of the combatants.
- All combatants shall adhere to the minimum armour and weapons standards for their division
- All youth combatants shall ensure their armour and weapons are inspected by a Youth Combat Marshal prior to combat at each and every SCA–sponsored event or fighting practice.
- A marshal may disallow use of any weapon, or armour, deemed to be unsafe from use upon the field of combat.
- All combatants shall act in a courteous and chivalrous manner at all times.
- No one may be required to participate in combat-related activities.
- No weapons shall be thrown within the Lists of a tournament. The use of approved thrown weapons for melee shall conform to Lochac's Conventions of Combat.