Fencing:Types Of Fencing

From SCA Lochac
Revision as of 06:43, 23 December 2023 by Angele (talk | contribs) (The original page was a collection of rules that have now been split into multiple page for ease of navigation. Changes to the actual rules are noted in the change log.)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  1. There are two types of fencing combat in Lochac. These are:
    • Standard fencing (sometimes called "rapier" or "heavy rapier")
    • Cut and Thrust fencing, which allows percussive cuts and requires additional armour.
  2. Different types of fencing combat cannot face each other in the same bout. For example, Cut and Thrust may not face Standard fencing.
  3. You need separate authorisations for each type of fencing combat.
  4. There are also separate authorisations for:
    • using spear in combat
    • being a non-fencing combatant (Gunner) who can use rubber band guns only.


  1. You must have a current Standard fencing authorisation to be authorised for Cut and Thrust fencing, or to be authorised to use a spear in either type of fencing.
  2. There is no waiting period for obtaining additional authorisations. This means you may be authorised in Spear or Cut and Thrust immediately after your Standard fencing authorisation.
  3. You can use a spear if you have a current Rapier Pike or Pole Weapon authorisation under prior Lochac rapier rules.
  4. There are no authorisation prerequisites for a Gunner authorisation.